LA CENTRAL DEL CIRCGENERAL INFORMATION / HISTORY
MOLL DE LA VELA 2, 08930, SANT ADRIÀ DEL BESÓS
ACCESS. PUBLIC TRANSPORT
METRO: L4 EL MARESME-FÒRUM
BUSES: 7, 41 AND 141
Small space - 66 m2
Trapezoidal - 111 m2
Rectangular - 130 m2
Triangular - 170 m2
Training area - 645 m2
Staging space - 220m2
Space for body work - 99m2
Music space - 71m2
Multipurpose space - 82m2
Incubators and entertainment area
Total – 3000 m2
- Training and rehearsing
- Research residencies
- Joint residencies with other exhibition spaces
- European network residencies
- Residencies on a rental basis
- Creation laboratories
- Lifelong training
- Exhibition of resident companies: EP (extended performance)
- Open rehearsals
- Meeting of disciplines
- Creativity tables
- Community creation projects
- Tours for schools and other collectives and entities
- Support for creation within the framework of international cooperation projects
- Services for companies: space rental
- Training for professionals
- Circus workshops
AJUNTAMENT DE BARCELONA
AND ASSOCIACIÓ DE PROFESSIONALS DEL CIRC DE CATALUNYA (APCC)
LA CENTRAL DEL CIRC
La Central del Circ is a space for creation, training, rehearsal, continuing education and research aimed at circus professionals, both individual artists and companies. As part of the Creation Factories Program promoted by the Barcelona City Council, La Central del Circ makes it possible for circus artists to train, learn, rehearse and create their shows. As a platform for emerging artists and companies, it promotes the professionalization of artists and the interrelation of circus disciplines.
Located in the Parc del Fòrum in Barcelona, with an area of over 3,000 m², La Central del Circ accompanies professionals in all areas and phases of their work, including daily training, providing spaces and tools and advising on the creation and production of circus shows.
La Central del Circ is an initiative of the Barcelona City Council, managed by the Catalan Association of Circus Professionals (APCC) with the support of the Government of Catalonia.
- To provide circus professionals with a place to train, rehearse and create in appropriate conditions.
- To contribute to continued creativity in the circus in Barcelona, becoming a centre for experimentation with ideas and content for artists and resources for creativity.
- To encourage the advancement and development of artists’ skills through lifelong training.
- To promote sharing of knowhow and links among artists. To provide a meeting place for different generations, arts and backgrounds, a space to share knowledge where there is a place for new trends and aesthetic ideas.
- To provide a promotional platform for artists and companies and to strengthen their links with the outside work by establishing local, national and international networks with other centres engaged in the creation and promotion of circus shows.
- To strengthen ties between the centre and the territory, enabling citizens to discover the circus arts and promoting creativity among new audiences.
La Central del Circ is housed on an enclosed plot of land below the giant solar panel in the esplanade in the Parc del Fòrum in Barcelona. The park was created in 2004 to mark the Universal Forum of Cultures in Barcelona and this specific area housed the exhibition Inhabiting the World, which explored the subject of sustainability in relationships between space and human beings.
Xavier Ruscalleda and Marta Lorenzo